5.28.2004

Happy Memorial Day!

Well okay, its not until Monday, but I wanted to wish you all a happy Memorial Day! I have my first visitors from Chicago coming out this weekend, Vallary and Kate. We should have a great time, hopefully the weather holds up. There is a chance for some rain on Sunday. Tomorrow Beaver Creek opens its summer operations, meaning the biking/hiking trails, mini-golf, chairlift rides, and the first festival of the season. The Brews, Blues and Barbecues festival. There are 100 microbrews available for tasting, live Blues music, and Kansas City style BBQ vendors around the village. Sounds good! I hope the weather back home is good too, I'm sure you all would like to head out to the parks and the lake! I've heard about the north shore flooding out there, I get WGN, so I can watch the news... of course I really want WGN for the Cubs and Sox (and Bulls in winter). So far they both lost the games I got to see. Oh well, but they are both doing well, and hopefully will stay contenders all season long! Two seasons in a row! What an exciting time for Chicago Baseball!
Well have a great weekend, I'll tell you all about mine next week!